[riot-devel] An interesting article from the TinyOS guy

Emmanuel Baccelli Emmanuel.Baccelli at inria.fr
Mon Apr 8 18:44:15 CEST 2013

Hi guys,

for those who have not yet read it: this is a very interesting article,
easy to read, by the guy behind TinyOS. The paper reflects upon various
aspects of the limitations of TinyOS, and formalizes some of the pitfalls
to avoid, which we might want to keep in mind while developing RIOT.

The paper also gives some insight about the most used drivers in TinyOS
(it's no real surprise, but we are reminded that supporting cc2420 is a
must asap), and suggests that targeting the Arduino crowd would be a great
idea for instance. I guess supporting the M3-powred Arduino Due would be a
nice start in that direction (I remember that Kaspar was already suggesting
that some months ago actually ;).

https://www.usenix.org/system/files/conference/osdi12/osdi12-final-183.pdf

Cheers

Emmanuel