[riot-devel] Proposal: Advanced scheme for Pull Requests

Oleg Hahm oleg at riot-os.org
Mon Aug 5 16:55:56 CEST 2013

Hi,

> It's a good thing to make fast pull requests!
> If you don't want to merge it (right now): use brackets for commits
> and PR.
<snip>
> taken from: https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/80
quote from the same PR by authmillenon:
"I've learned that it's best practice to do it this way instead of open an
issue and then reference this issue in the closing pull request."

I cannot see any advantage of *not* opening an issue - to the contrary I think
it is useful to have a list of solved problems. What the reason behind this
idea?

Nevertheless, acknowledging and merging this pull request was probably not
very thoroughly thought through on my part.

The good thing about Apple jokes is that everyone think they are new, funny and awesome, even if you just stole them.