[riot-devel] Future Hardware Platforms

Christian Mehlis christian at m3hlis.de
Tue Aug 6 11:24:08 CEST 2013

Am 06.08.2013 09:57, schrieb Emmanuel Baccelli:
> Hi all,
> Cedric mentioned this platform last week
> https://shop.dresden-elektronik.de/radio-modules/minimodul-sam3-23t02-2.html
> At first sight it seems to match the criterias of price, CPU and memory,
> and availability.
> Should we also add this to the potential reference hardware list?

I see that all platforms currently discussed are "arm cortex m3"-based,
and their primary wireless interface is ieee802.11 based.

So where is the ieee802.15.4 interface? Can we buy this as shield? Or do
we switch to 11g? :)

Does the IOT community moves to good old wifi? That would completely
change the networking problems...

Best
Christian

ps: I think the raspberry pi isn't really what we want: too powerful
cpu, no wireless, a lot of interfaces we don't need...hdmi (video support)