[riot-devel] Distributed Messaging

Kaspar Schleiser kaspar at schleiser.de
Tue Aug 13 17:24:03 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 08/13/2013 05:02 PM, Ludwig Ortmann wrote:
> I'm all for both, increasing the possible payload size and remote
> message delivery.
Awesome. After solving our little toolchain building challenge, these'll
be the first things I'll get my hands dirty on.

> I guess it has some interesting challenges too .. for example all the
> challenges of routing ;-)
Uiiii. Isnt that some distant network layer thing? ;)

> One immediate challenge (for the simple proxy thread/process without
> broadcasting) though: Where does TID_of_target_process come from?
Good question. We might need some tid agnostic service publishing on the
same layer that accepts the request from the proxy instance of the
initiating node. Couldn't that be a service waiting on a specified TPC port?

Mmmmh challenges.

Cheers,
Kaspar