[riot-devel] RIOT file system

Kaspar Schleiser kaspar at schleiser.de
Thu Aug 15 15:59:37 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 08/15/2013 03:37 PM, Christian Mehlis wrote:
> I'm currently trying to port some file system related code to riot, but
> I couldn't find any documentation or fs related code?!
Let's not jump the ball on FS support. There are some tough design
decisions to be made.

In Feuerwhere all FS code depended on newlibs read/write/.. posix stuff.
We might have to discuss how to handle this while keeping everything
portable to 16bitters.

And - FAT is ugly. It's not simple, it's a nightmare. Been there, done
that. I'll probably veto every FAT related commit until you get me
completely drunk and distracted.

To answer your question - the old FAT code is probably still in
FeuerWare repos.

Cheers
Kaspar