[riot-devel] Development procedures

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Sat Aug 17 00:51:40 CEST 2013

Hi Martin!

> > 5. New features and fixes will always be submitted as pull requests. A
> > pull request will be merged if the RIOT maintainers acknowledge the
> > request.  Before it will get merged, the pull request has to stay open
> > long enough to discuss possible issues, but no longer than 30 days. The
> > more extensive the changes in the pull request, the more time should be
> > given for discussion.
> >

> Is there a minimum number (greater than 1, of course) of ACKs a pull request
> must receive?

Actually, we did not specify any number of required ACKs on purpose. The idea
is to keep these rules simple and flexible. If the PR contains severe changes
or complex code, it should be reviewed by more people and left open longer for
discussion. However, a small change could get merged after a short while with
only one ACK.

Chuck Norris doesn't do TCP handshake - he does TCP roundhouse-kick to initiate the connection.