[riot-devel] Implementation of the hardware timers / case of MSP430

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Thu Aug 22 13:33:48 CEST 2013

Hi Kévin,

> >>In that sense, I see that in the case of the MSP430F16x MCU (that is
> >>used in TelosB motes), the hwtimer module is implemented using the
> >>TimerA module, which offers 3 compare registers ("TimerA3").
> >>However, these MCUs also offer a "TimerB7" module (with a more comfy
> >>amount of 7 compare registers). Is there a reason not to use this
> >>TimerB?
> >I'm not aware of any reason not to use the TimerB module, it's just not
> >implemented yet, but that shouldn't be too difficult.
>
> I think I will submit a pull request to that end.
don't you need on TimerB CCR (CCR1) for the SFD from cc2420 on the TelosB?

Have you already ported RIOT to the TelosB? I've created a basic version (just
with UART) in my fork [1], but perhaps you're already a step further.

[1] https://github.com/OlegHahm/boards/tree/telosb
    https://github.com/OlegHahm/RIOT/tree/telosb
--
printk(KERN_DEBUG "%s: BUG... transmitter died. Kicking it.\n",...)
        linux-2.6.6/drivers/net/acenic.c