[riot-devel] [RIOT] add mersene twister (#168)

Christian Mehlis christian at m3hlis.de
Thu Aug 22 22:13:47 CEST 2013

Am 22.08.2013 20:54, schrieb Oleg Hahm:
> Hi Christian,
>
>> you guys are not up to date: current code (in the PR) has the
>> floating point random functions as opt in (with a macro - default is
>> off).
> I'm aware of the current state of the PR, but your initial comment (which
> Kaspar commented on) sounded more generic. And I agree with Kaspar: we should
> be very, very careful with code that does not run on every supported architecture.

but it's probably not this case (with this code)...

In the initial PR, I was not sure about 16 bit validity of the code. So
one should test this on 16 bit hardware. I have no such hardware. Nobody
sad that this is _not_ running on 16 bit! I just had the fear!

the current code builds without any warnings on (-W -Wextra -pedantic):
	native
	msba2
	msb-430

and is tested on: