[riot-devel] Shared Library integration

Olaf Bergmann bergmann at tzi.org
Thu Aug 29 10:08:05 CEST 2013

Hi Martin,

Martin Lenders <mlenders at inf.fu-berlin.de> writes:

> since I'm currently working on a test framework (with usage of CUnit)
> and have a far-goal of getting libcoap to run on RIOT it raises the
> question of how we deal with shared libraries (especially since we say
> we support Wiselib). Since I did not found any way how wiselib was
> introduced I use two approaches so far ― both, shall we say,
> suboptimal in my opinion:

on which branch of libcoap are you working?  I am in the process of
restructuring a lot of things to improve support for foreign platforms
such as Contiki or LWIP. I did not have sorted out the right abstraction
level for this, hence suggestions are always appreciated.

One important change (others will follow) is in the branch
io-with-callbacks -- it offloads the network I/O from the library
itself.

Gruesse
Olaf