[riot-devel] Modify the way of Including MSP430 standard headers?

ROUSSEL Kévin Kevin.Roussel at inria.fr
Mon Dec 9 12:13:09 CET 2013

Hello Oleg and Kaspar,

Le 05/12/2013 11:58, Oleg Hahm a écrit :
> Hi Kévin!
>
>> Since this platform is based on a family-2 MSP430 (F2617) --- a kind of MCU
>> not yet used in any current port in RIOT ---, I stumbled upon
>> inconsistencies with the already included header files.
> I guess there are even more inconsistencies in board and cpu. Hauke was so
> kind to create an overview about the current state of board and cpu headers
> and the according implementations. He'll probably propose a new version of the
> hardware interface that is more consistent and easier to understand.

I will sure look for it ; but with the modifications I proposed last
week, I can go on and produce a first version of the Z1 port.

Maybe the term 'inconsistency' wasn't adequate... I meant that the
MSP430F2617 present in the Zolertia has a very different way to handle
UART/I2C/SPI communication than the MSPx16x already supported in current
platforms, and thus I had to modify the way headers are included so as
to include the definitions specific to that new MCU.

And then, I thought...
>> Instead of adding one more #ifdef case for including the correct headers, I
>> think we can just include <msp430.h> in all the concerned files : this is a
>> generic file that includes the correct specific headers when the right
>> symbol is defined.
>>
>> What do you think?
> +1

I've made the modifications and submitted a pull request in RIOT master
repository (PR #408). Hope this will be useful.