[riot-devel] Development Procedures

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Tue Dec 17 13:41:36 CET 2013

Hi!

> - good idea?
+1 - I've already assigned most of the open issues for the next milestone to
people.

> - both issues and pull requests?
I asked myself the same question, when assigning the issues yesterday. I think
it's a good idea to have someone assigned to a PR, too. In most cases the
creator of the PR will be in charge to maintain it anyway, but having a second
person managing the review process looks like a good idea, too.

> - guidelines?
I'd say that whoever creates an issue or PR should assign someone to it. If
the chosen person isn't able to manage the issue, she or he is responsible to
re-assign it. It's probably also advisable that the assignee must acknowledge
the assignment in order to avoid "dead" assignees.

die_if_kernel("Kernel gets FloatingPenguinUnit disabled trap", regs);
        linux-2.2.16/arch/sparc/kernel/traps.c