[riot-devel] [RIOT] updated makefiles & a handler for the heap state shell command (#64)

kaspar030 notifications at github.com
Tue Jul 16 11:48:37 CEST 2013

> +
> +/**
> + * @file
> + * @internal
> + * @brief	Show the heap state for the LPC2387 on the command shell.
> + *
> + * @author      Freie Universität Berlin, Computer Systems & Telematics
> + * @author	Zakaria Kasmi <zkasmi at inf.fu-berlin.de>
> + *
> + * @note	$Id: sc_heap.c  3854 2013-05-24 17:53:01Z zkasmi $
> + */
> +
> +extern void heap_stats(void);
> +
> +void _heap_handler(char* unnused){
> +	heap_stats();

On 07/16/2013 11:35 AM, Zakaria Kasmi wrote:
> In sys/shell/commands/sc_heap.c:
>
>> +extern void heap_stats(void);
>> +
>> +void _heap_handler(char* unnused){
>> +	heap_stats();
>
> one “Line Of Production code” follows the same scheme as in “sc_ps.c”, “sc_id.c.”, etc.
This might be correct, but the *commits* introducing “sc_ps.c”,
“sc_id.c.”, etc. didn't introduce "Makefile updates".

If we pull your one-liner together with the makefile updates, there'll
be a "merge commit". Now imagine your one line has a problem somewhere
else, and we revert the merge commit. That would also unmerge your
Makefile "fixes".

Christian proposed to seperate the makefile fixes from your added
functionality.

---
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/64/files#r5211755