[riot-devel] [RIOT] add way to declare parameter as unused (#72)

René Kijewski notifications at github.com
Thu Jul 18 12:48:11 CEST 2013

Let me elaborate further why I'd prefer `(void) var`:
Using `type UNUSED(var)` in the parameters does tell anything why it is unused, it simply hides a warning. You could accomplish that by using the `-w` parameter …

But `(void) var` can be used in the appropriate `#IF` branch, and/or you can assign a proper comment to it:

     (void) var; /* var is unused because of reason */

---
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/72#issuecomment-21175630