[riot-devel] Github notifications - Spam or ham?

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Fri Jul 19 20:46:48 CEST 2013

Dear rioters,

for some weeks I've activated the notifications from Github to be sent to this
mailing list. The intentions are twofold:
1.) By default, notifications from Github on issues, commits, pull requests
    etc. are only sent to the persons directly involved. Though, in many cases
    the event might be interesting for more folks.
2.) For many people it is more convenient to discuss things on a mailing list
    than to use a web front end (i.e., Github).

However, these notifications clearly increase the amount of traffic on this
mailing list and I'm not sure if everybody appreciates that.

What's your opinion? Does the increased amount of traffic bother you or do you
like the additional information and discussion platform?

printk("autofs: Out of inode numbers -- what the heck did you do??\n");
        linux-2.0.38/fs/autofs/root.c