[riot-devel] [RIOT] sixlowpan selects multicast address as source address (#78)

Thomas C. Schmidt schmidt at informatik.haw-hamburg.de
Mon Jul 29 01:09:24 CEST 2013

Hi Oleg,

On 29.07.2013 01:02, Oleg Hahm wrote:

> Anyway, we discovered this bug during the 6LoWPAN plugtest today. When
> selecting a source address, sixlowip calls a function to find the biggest
> match between destination address and addresses assigned to its own interface.
> However, this function currently also chooses multicast addresses assigned to
> the interface, which is not intended.

Yup - this shouldn't be.

Btw., if you include a prefix testing in your address selection scheme,
you might also want to look at the other dedicated addresses
(link-local, Unique local: RFC4193)

Cheers,

Thomas

--

Prof. Dr. Thomas C. Schmidt
° Hamburg University of Applied Sciences                   Berliner Tor 7 °