[riot-devel] Coding-conventions: astyle

Carsten Bormann cabo at tzi.org
Mon Jun 24 20:22:19 CEST 2013

On Jun 24, 2013, at 19:39, Heiko Will <hwill at inf.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> I would absolutely prefer the space between a keyword and the parenthesis. This convention is much more common and more readable.

I haven't followed the discussion very closely, but this is indeed the expected way to write C.

  foo(bar);

but

  if (bar)
    ;

... and One True Brace Style (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indent_style), Kernel style (https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/CodingStyle), but never use HT characters ("Tabs", http://www.jwz.org/doc/tabs-vs-spaces.html), ... there are enough sources on this, so I'll stop here.

Grüße, Carsten