[riot-devel] using the native-port for development

Martin L. martin.landsmann at haw-hamburg.de
Wed May 15 13:40:00 CEST 2013

Hi Ludwig,

> I forgot to ask - is there any particular reason why you want to get rid
> of the libraries?

In fact we are about to port some c++11 libraries/programs from native linux to RIOT.
We try to create an "abstraction wrapper" to enable them being runnable on RIOT
without the need of heavy refectoring.
In the current state the native RIOT environment enables to access/create native threads and mutexes,
which happens in some cases and results in RIOT to crash (as expected).

I think a more bounded native RIOT environment would reveal and prevent such "hidden" dependencies/relations and
could ease platform independant development and portability.

Best regards,
Martin