[riot-devel] Porting on Atmega

Emmanuel Baccelli Emmanuel.Baccelli at inria.fr
Tue May 21 09:46:53 CEST 2013

Hi Alessio!

> I' m going straight to the point, i have a few question: is it possible >
right now to run RIOT OS on an Arduino UNO? if no, is someone planning to >
port RIOT OS for an Atmega328?

For now, there is no port of RIOT for the Atmega328 and Arduino UNO, but it
is on the task list for the near future. It would be very great, if you (or
someone else) might be interested in contributing to this task.

I think this could be a very helpful, but also challenging job as there is
currently no 8 bit MCU supported by RIOT and the available RAM on this
platform seems to be very limited.

For your information, the Arduino Due is one of the platforms we are also
considering to port RIOT to soon, and it should be a much easier job ;)

Cheers