[riot-devel] Fwd: Re: RIOT usage with msp430 and stm32fdiscovery

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Thu Sep 12 14:43:03 CEST 2013

Hi!

> >I tried this, with the msp430-gcc version 4.6.3, however the compiler
> >complained of about 16k missing. I do not think there is any chance to get
> >the current 6lowpan implementation on a msp430f16xx.
> now that sucks. can we get that running? sounds like a good example
> for mature optimization...
I fully agree with Kaspar and I think this should be an important goal for the
next release. I guess the planned refactoring of the network stack will help
us a lot to see where the memory is wasted.

However, when I try to build the sixlowpan project for the wsn430-v1_3b
platform, there are "just" 3kB missing.

The worst thing about Perl jokes is that next morning you can't understand why they seemed so funny.