[riot-devel] Propose of some Hardware Platform for RIOT

Mic Musk mic.musk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 18:57:13 CET 2014

I need to make myself clear that the fully supported platform I'm talking about should not just be tested with the microkernel. For practical usages of RIOT, the platform should be well tested and supported with both RIOT microkernel as well as its essential facilities like communication stack, encryption utilities, and more.

I highly recommend RIOT to have at least one great platform that is (1) fully functional for IoT applications and at the same time, (2) can better show RIOT's distinct features among competing OSes.

Therefore, I propose to design a customized board/mote for RIOT since I don't really see a best fit for such a purpose.

Please share your ideas so that we may have something different for RIOT.

Regards,
--
Mic Musk