[riot-devel] Supported platforms

Mic Musk mic.musk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 19:14:59 CET 2014

Hi,

I just checked out https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/RIOT-Platforms

Most of the platforms have a radio, which is one of the key elements to the corresponding platform. But I don't see the radio information listed.

It seems to the reader that the "Status" column only reflects the support status of the MCU, not the entire platform. But some radio drivers looks partially supported by the source repository, thus it's somehow confusing to new comers like me to comprehend what "full support" or "partly supported" actually means.

Regards,
--
Mic Musk

On February 4, 2014 at 8:53:10 PM, Hauke Petersen (hauke.petersen at fu-berlin.de) wrote:

Hi,
> What about links to issues related to the family/MCU/board (only
> families have labels at the moment)?
>
> Is supplier related to vendor somehow? I'm wondering because of the betty.
The idea was the following: Vendor is the company, that produces the
MCU, as this is the source for getting Programming Manuals, Datasheets
and so on needed for porting to this device.

Supplier was meant to be the source, where you can get the actual
platform -> use case is someone who wants to start using RIOT on a
target and who will need then to buy a platform, then in the supplier
section you can find out, where to get a board or who was responsible
for making it...

Cheers,
Hauke