[riot-devel] Integration and initialization of the hwtimer

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Mon Feb 10 15:04:29 CET 2014

Dear rioters,

at today's maintainer meeting [1] we discussed to finally eliminate the
special treatment of the hwtimer (being a separate module within core). Though
the kernel itself doesn't require this module, we could not think of any
useful application without a timer. Since not including and/or initializing
the hwtimer caused several hard-to-find bugs in the past, we decided to make
building, linking, and initializing it a default behavior from now on. I'll
prepare an according PR within the next days.

If anyone sees a good reason not to do this, speak now of forever hold your
peace!

[1] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Contributing-to-RIOT#wiki-community
--
Dprintk("oh dear, we are idle\n");