[riot-devel] Use fixed size types in 'hwtimer_arch' function signatures

Martine Lenders mlenders at inf.fu-berlin.de
Wed Feb 12 10:10:58 CET 2014

Hi,
I think that this is dependent on the use-case. For the timer it may be a
good idea, as for example type definitions in the network stack. Where I
see a problem with fixed type sizes in data that comes from certain
periphirals, though (e.g. network hardware addresses, which are currently
16-bit fixed size in the transceiver module, though the cc1100 chip e.g.
uses 8-bit addresses, IEEE 802.15.4 uses 64-bit AND 16-bit addresses, and
when we want to have Ethernet support sometime we have to deal with 48-bit
addresses).

Martine