[riot-devel] ns3 question about global variable in RIOT

Emmanuel Baccelli Emmanuel.Baccelli at inria.fr
Thu Feb 20 18:05:54 CET 2014

Hi all,

Daniel Camara from the ns3 team (in cc) asked me a question that I thought
I'd better relay here to gather the most informed opinions:

"Is there any conceivable way for all global variables in RIOT to be
declared as thread local? If this could be done adaptation with ns-3 would
be MUCH easier."

Any opinion on this question? Or on how to better formulate the question?

Caveat: Daniel does not know RIOT code well, but knows a lot about ns3, and
about porting to ns3 (as he was heavily involved in the porting of Contiki
to ns3).

Best,

Emmanuel