[riot-devel] Wiki Structure Suggestion

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Mon Feb 24 11:27:09 CET 2014

Hi Ludwig,

> I'd suggest putting toolchain setup etc. into wiki pages like:
> FAMILY:-arm, FAMILY:-msp etc.
>
> If BOARDS:-msba2 points to FAMILY:-arm and RIOT-Platforms points to
> both the family and the board, then I think this information is on the
> best of all possible paths.
I think having a collection of information about the different toolchains on
separate pages is a very good idea. However, I think I haven't completely
understood how you envision the concrete implementation. Could you provide a
sample wiki page of your idea?

> The current getting started pages
> (https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Introduction#wiki-compiling-riot)
> would then refer to the RIOT-Platforms page for this kind of
> information.
That would definitely help to make this page much neater.

> Any thoughts on this?
We should also include information about which toolchain and version is known
to work well with which platform and feature and which is known to cause
trouble.

printk (KERN_DEBUG "Somebody wants the port\n");
        linux-2.6.6/drivers/parport/parport_pc.c