[riot-devel] Wiki Structure Suggestion

Ludwig Ortmann ludwig.ortmann at fu-berlin.de
Mon Feb 24 18:03:02 CET 2014

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 11:27:09AM +0100, Oleg Hahm wrote:
> > I'd suggest putting toolchain setup etc. into wiki pages like:
> > FAMILY:-arm, FAMILY:-msp etc.
> >
> > If BOARDS:-msba2 points to FAMILY:-arm and RIOT-Platforms points to
> > both the family and the board, then I think this information is on the
> > best of all possible paths.
> I think having a collection of information about the different toolchains on
> separate pages is a very good idea. However, I think I haven't completely
> understood how you envision the concrete implementation. Could you provide a
> sample wiki page of your idea?

> > Any thoughts on this?
> We should also include information about which toolchain and version is known
> to work well with which platform and feature and which is known to cause
> trouble.

Hauke started already and I jumped in:
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Board:-msba2
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Board:-native

These list which toolchains are supported for each board.

The idea is to have (move) information about toolchain setup on (to)
Family pages as this should be equal for most boards.

If a specific board has oddities, the respective board page can
reflect that.

Cheers, Ludwig