[riot-devel] pthread_mutex_timedlock

Christian Mehlis mehlis at inf.fu-berlin.de
Tue Feb 25 10:48:42 CET 2014

Am 24.02.2014 15:51, schrieb Hiesgen, Raphael:
> Hello,
>
> the function pthread_mutex_timedlock is not implemented. An easy implementation uses polling (checktime -> trylock -> yield). Is there a better (and supported) way to implement a timed lock using system functions (hwtimer, …)?

Hi Raphael,

I think this function should be helpful for you:
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/blob/master/sys/vtimer/vtimer.c#L362

the hwtimer_api is pretty complex to use correctly, better use vtimer.

We currently focus on network related problems, so this week (and
perhaps the next week) are full of other work. after finishing network
problems I can help you in detail.

Best
Christian