[riot-devel] New platform(s)

ROUSSEL Kévin Kevin.Roussel at inria.fr
Tue Feb 25 11:19:36 CET 2014

Hello everyone,

I allowed myself to add Zolertia Z1 to the list of future hardware
platforms in RIOT wiki, since I am now actively working on porting RIOT
on this device.

This little thing is described here: http://zolertia.com/products/z1

To summarize, it's--from an architectural point of view--the infamous
TelosB on steroids: same CC2420 radio transceiver, a MSP430 MCU (but
more powerful, F2617 instead of TelosB F1611), accelerometer, temp
sensor, and USB port built-in, and an optional JTAG port that *do*
follow the 14-pin standard of TI's debugger (instead of the f****d up
set of holes that you have on TelosB).

It's already used in production (i.e.: industrially) on other,
less-than-optimal OSes. I think it's time to ease the pain of the poor
souls that use these systems, and offer them the ability to use the best
OS of the moment. ;)

Hopefully, that should be done quite soon now.
--

      Kévin Roussel
      Doctorant, projet LAR
      Kevin.Roussel at inria.fr