[riot-devel] About porting RIOT to platforms based on STM32.

Hauke Petersen hauke.petersen at fu-berlin.de
Tue Feb 25 18:39:58 CET 2014

Hello Nhat,

sorry for the delayed reply and welcome to the RIOT community!

RIOTs STM32 port is currently work in progress - it is working for the
most parts, but we are still working on the best way to integrate it
into RIOTs main repository. The main problems here are some very
restrictive licenses in the STM standard library, which you are probably
also using?!

For getting RIOT running on the your STM platforms, the best way to
start is to look into the thirdparty_cpu [1] and thirdparty_boards [2]
repositories, as they contain rudimentary working implementations for
the stm32f4discovery board. You can build the default application for
the stm32f4discovery by uncommenting the RIOTCPU and RIOTBOARD variables
in the Makefile of the example project (RIOT/examples/default/Makefile)
and setting the BOARD to stm32f4discovery.

If you want to contribute to RIOT (which we would highly welcome!) you
could for example debug and test the task-switching more thoroughly, as
we suspect there might be still some issues with it.

Let me know if you need any help!

cheers,
Hauke

[1] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/thirdparty_cpu