[riot-devel] ns3 question about global variable in RIOT

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Fri Feb 28 12:57:58 CET 2014

Hi!

> Regarding busy loops - I guess it might be an option to say that the
> ns-3 port does not support those, it's not like they are an essential
> part of RIOT (at least not to my knowledge, I could only find
> occurrences of busy loops in cpu specific code).
And these could/should be probably replaced by some interrupt driven
implementations. The only busy loop that can be definitely not be replaced by
something interrupt driven that I remember by heart is the delay function to
let the LEDs blink at startup (because hwtimer is not initialized then) - and
I guess that's a non-blocker. ;)

/* Identify the flock of penguins.  */
        linux-2.2.16/arch/alpha/kernel/setup.c