[riot-devel] Naming of source files

René Kijewski kijewski at inf.fu-berlin.de
Sun Jan 12 18:19:06 CET 2014

Am Fri, 10 Jan 2014 18:52:44 +0100
schrieb Oleg Hahm <oliver.hahm at inria.fr>:

> we've just come across a problem resulting from the recent change to
> consolidate all binaries in one folder: if the project contains a file with
> a name that already exists somewhere within in RIOT, the build system will at
> some point create a second object file with the same name, overwriting the
> first one.

Hi,

have you tried CMake? It works very well with modularization and optional modules.
It automatically creates subfolders in a dedicated build folder so no file name collisions should occur.

> 2.) revert the change to have all binaries in one folder, but having instead
> something like
>  $(RIOTBASE)/bin/$(CPU)/
>  $(PROJDIR)/bin/$(BOARD)/

CMake would create files like build/CMakeFiles/RIOT.dir/cpu.dir/arm_common.dir/arm_cpu.o.

Greetings,
René

--
()  ascii ribbon campaign - against HTML e-mail