[riot-devel] Routing table implementation

Emmanuel Baccelli Emmanuel.Baccelli at inria.fr
Mon Jan 27 09:36:29 CET 2014

Lots of good points in this thread indeed.

We do need a distinction between routing protocols and the forwarding table
(actually I prefer this terminology rather than the term "routing table"
which is sometimes confusing for exactly that reason).

I am also of the opinion that

1. routing protocols *must* feed an external forwarding table that is
unique for the whole system, which provides a nice consistent API,

2. routing protocols *may* keep their own routing information base (i.e.
whatever data from which they derive appropriate forwarding table entries).

Cheers,

Emmanuel

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 6:19 AM, Ludwig Ortmann <ludwig.ortmann at fu-berlin.de