[riot-devel] Include folder in net / RPL restructuring

Landsmann, Martin Martin.Landsmann at haw-hamburg.de
Thu Jan 30 12:31:29 CET 2014

OK, then
+1
________________________________
Von: devel [devel-bounces at riot-os.org]" im Auftrag von "Martin Lenders [authmillenon at gmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 30. Januar 2014 12:15
An: RIOT OS kernel developers
Betreff: Re: [riot-devel] Include folder in net / RPL restructuring

Hi,
I think Fabian meant the already existing directory ``sys/net/routing_layer/``.
Though they might not be used by anything else but the routing layer, I think it is most clearly to put the function prototypes into sys/net/include/etx.h and the implementations into sys/net/routing_layer/etx/. In the optimal case all the other headers in there would be used by their respective upper or layer protocols, too, and experience showed that moving the implementation around later-on (e.g. to rename routing_layer to forwarding_layer ;-)) is heavily simplified, when public headers are not in those directories.

Best regards,
Martine