[riot-devel] wiki: ARM Toolchains

Christian Mehlis mehlis at inf.fu-berlin.de
Sat Mar 1 18:45:17 CET 2014

Am 01.03.2014 18:13, schrieb DangNhat PhamHuu:
> Hi,
> I think we can use gnu arm embedded toolchain.
> https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded . I use it in both windows and linux
> . In windows, i usually use emblock ide, and it has it own bare-metal
> toolchain.

I added the linaro and the gnu-arm toolchains to the wiki.

We had the mentor toolchain there, because it was stable and did a good
job. perhaps we go for an other "advice" in the future.

Just to be clear: one can use any toolchain that supports C99 with:

	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variable-length_array

The old mentor 2008q4 toolchain is known for not supporting this feature.

Best
Christian