[riot-devel] Facebook page for RIOT

Dayananda A dayananda.a at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 11:54:31 CET 2014

Hi Matthias,

  Thanks a lot for the inputs. I have renamed the page to reflect the same.
Please check again and let me know if it's ok.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/RIOT-user-group-india/590104997739278

And it will be really great if twitter feeds come on this FB page. Nothing
like it :)

Regards,
-Daya

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Matthias Waehlisch <m.waehlisch at fu-berlin.de
> wrote:

> Dear Dayananda,
>
>   thanks for your interest in RIOT and your help in promotion!
>
>   Could you rename the facebook group to reflect that it is related to a
> user group, e.g., "RIOT-OS - user group india"? We currently don't have
> enough capacity to work on all OSN channels, and think that fits more to
> your audience.
>
>   We could offer you to automatically post Twitter messages to your fb
> page.
>
>   Just one additional remark. The operating system is called "RIOT"
> and not RIOT-OS or RIoT-OS.
>

> Thanks
>   matthias
>
> --
> Matthias Waehlisch
> .  Freie Universitaet Berlin, Inst. fuer Informatik, AG CST
> .  Takustr. 9, D-14195 Berlin, Germany
> .. mailto:waehlisch at ieee.org .. http://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/~waehl
> :. Also: http://inet.cpt.haw-hamburg.de .. http://www.link-lab.net
>
> On Sat, 1 Mar 2014, Dayananda A wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> >   I have created a page on Facebook for fellow developers and users to
> > discuss RIOT-OS. I am also co-organiser of Internet Of Things club in
> > Bangalore, India. I have used the Logo from the official website. I hope
> > that's ok.
> >
> > https://www.facebook.com/pages/Riot-Os/590104997739278
> >
> > Above is the link to it. Please subscribe and help the community.
> >
> > If the having a facebook page isn't something you guys like. Please let
> me
> > know, I shall take it down.

Do more than belong: participate. Do more than care: help. Do more than
believe: practice. Do more than be fair: be kind. Do more than forgive:
forget. Do more than dream: work.