[riot-devel] Comments from IRC

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Mon Oct 13 10:42:45 CEST 2014

Hi!

> >2014-10-11 15:45:28	corecode	my input is: stuff is not tested
> I think we need to differentiate here, some platform code is indeed not
> sufficiently tested (yet). Maybe we can include some information about
> maturity of platforms in the Wiki?

Agreed. I think that's planned for a long time anyway.

> >2014-10-11 15:58:44	corecode	use of dINT/eINT or disableIRQ/enableIRQ instead of restoreIRQ
> This is a difficult topic, there are some situations where you explicitly
> have to use 'enableIRQ' instead of 'restoreIRQ'. I think there are also open
> PRs to this issue already.

There's an issue and PRs to fix some usage of the legacy API:
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/issues/197
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/922
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/1100 (merged)

> >2014-10-11 16:00:57	corecode	vtimer assumes 4096 seconds is a valid hwtimer value
> no idea, anyone?

Because hwtimer uses 32 bit timestamps. As long as the underlying timer does
not run faster as 1MHz, that sounds like a valid assumption.

printk("NULL POINTER IDIOT\n");
        linux-2.6.6/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/dvb_filter.c