[riot-devel] Question about AT86rf231 port for SAMr21 xpro board

Maxence Chotard maxence.chotard at xsoen.com
Thu Oct 16 14:21:07 CEST 2014


Hello everyone,

I'm working on the RIOT port for SAMr21 xpro board and I would like to know
when the port for AT86rf231 will be done to adapt it for the At86rf233 which
is used on SAM r21 xpro board.

Cheers,
Maxence



-----Message d'origine-----
De : devel [mailto:devel-bounces at riot-os.org] De la part de
devel-request at riot-os.org
Envoyé : mardi 14 octobre 2014 19:26
À : devel at riot-os.org
Objet : devel Digest, Vol 20, Issue 9

Send devel mailing list submissions to
	devel at riot-os.org

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
	http://lists.riot-os.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
	devel-request at riot-os.org

You can reach the person managing the list at
	devel-owner at riot-os.org

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than
"Re: Contents of devel digest..."


Today's Topics:

   1. Re: Port of RIOT on Samr21 xpro board (Thomas Eichinger)
   2. Re: Port of RIOT on Samr21 xpro board (Joakim Gebart)
   3. Re: Port of RIOT on Samr21 xpro board (Akshay Mishra)
   4. Re: Port of RIOT on Samr21 xpro board (Thomas Eichinger)
   5. Question about hwtimer_now implementation.. (Michael Burg)
   6. Re: Question about hwtimer_now implementation.. (Ludwig Ortmann)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 16:06:15 +0200
From: Thomas Eichinger <thomas.eichinger1 at gmail.com>
To: Baptiste Clenet <bapclenet at gmail.com>
Cc: devel at riot-os.org
Subject: Re: [riot-devel] Port of RIOT on Samr21 xpro board
Message-ID: <031B35CD-C29D-4BB6-A3A8-5A84FB8B7240 at gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252"

Hi Babtiste,

great to hear you are interested in RIOT and welcome!

I put the developer list in CC, hope that?s ok.

>From the core developers and maintainers currently nobody is actively
working on this port because we?re focusing on another platform (iot-lab_M3)
for an event in the first week of November. After this the samr21 will get
more attention again. AFAIK there are some more people working on this,
maybe those could reply to this briefly with their current topic?

Feel free to choose a module, maybe let us know on one channel or an other
which one you chose?

As a side note, I?m currently refactoring the at86rf231 radio driver which
also the samr21 will profit from since its using a very similar device.

Best, Thomas


On 14 Oct 2014, at 14:58, Baptiste Clenet <bapclenet at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have seen this thread https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/issues/1646 which
has been closed since the 9th of September and also this documentation:
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Board%3A-Samr21-xpro.
> 
> I would like to know if the two webpages are up to date concerning the
port and who works on which part? 
> According to your answer, I will select a part of the implementation and
work on it.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://lists.riot-os.org/pipermail/devel/attachments/20141014/f0a2bb9a/atta
chment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 16:19:37 +0200
From: Joakim Gebart <joakim.gebart at eistec.se>
To: RIOT OS kernel developers <devel at riot-os.org>
Subject: Re: [riot-devel] Port of RIOT on Samr21 xpro board
Message-ID:
	<CAOy=vakjcSiyeHxSJPQq5rJQOOWSWHCwJG2hSHLM6pBVC4kpmQ at mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 4:06 PM, Thomas Eichinger
<thomas.eichinger1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Babtiste,
>
> great to hear you are interested in RIOT and welcome!
>
> I put the developer list in CC, hope that?s ok.
>
> From the core developers and maintainers currently nobody is actively 
> working on this port because we?re focusing on another platform 
> (iot-lab_M3) for an event in the first week of November. After this 
> the samr21 will get more attention again. AFAIK there are some more people
working on this, maybe those could reply to this briefly with their current
topic?
>
> Feel free to choose a module, maybe let us know on one channel or an other
which one you chose?
>
> As a side note, I?m currently refactoring the at86rf231 radio driver 
> which also the samr21 will profit from since its using a very similar
device.

Do you have any time plan for the AT86RF refactoring?
I was going to implement the platform specific parts of that driver for my
Mulle platform port but I think I will hold off on that until the
refactoring is completed to save myself some extra work.

Best regards,
Joakim

>
> Best, Thomas
>
>
> On 14 Oct 2014, at 14:58, Baptiste Clenet <bapclenet at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have seen this thread https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/issues/1646 which
has been closed since the 9th of September and also this documentation:
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Board%3A-Samr21-xpro.
>
> I would like to know if the two webpages are up to date concerning the
port and who works on which part?
> According to your answer, I will select a part of the implementation and
work on it.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> devel mailing list
> devel at riot-os.org
> http://lists.riot-os.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
>


------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 20:14:28 +0530
From: Akshay Mishra <akshay at dspworks.in>
To: RIOT OS kernel developers <devel at riot-os.org>
Subject: Re: [riot-devel] Port of RIOT on Samr21 xpro board
Message-ID:
	<CABSY_ZsAJPfx3djweb6o7i0b6tCExBrxh5bQ94_EKBqD1mSdWA at mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

On 14 October 2014 19:36, Thomas Eichinger <thomas.eichinger1 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Babtiste,
>
> great to hear you are interested in RIOT and welcome!
>
> I put the developer list in CC, hope that?s ok.
>
> From the core developers and maintainers currently nobody is actively 
> working on this port because we?re focusing on another platform 
> (iot-lab_M3) for an event in the first week of November. After this 
> the samr21 will get more attention again. AFAIK there are some more 
> people working on this, maybe those could reply to this briefly with 
> their current topic?
>
>

We are also starting on the SAMD21 -- count us in on the effort. as of now
exploring RIOT and have the SAMD21-XPRO blinking some LEDs.

-Akshay



> Feel free to choose a module, maybe let us know on one channel or an 
> other which one you chose?
>
> As a side note, I?m currently refactoring the at86rf231 radio driver 
> which also the samr21 will profit from since its using a very similar 
> device.
>
> Best, Thomas
>
>
> On 14 Oct 2014, at 14:58, Baptiste Clenet <bapclenet at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have seen this thread https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/issues/1646 
> which has been closed since the 9th of September and also this
documentation:
> https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Board%3A-Samr21-xpro.
>
> I would like to know if the two webpages are up to date concerning the 
> port and who works on which part?
> According to your answer, I will select a part of the implementation 
> and work on it.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> devel mailing list
> devel at riot-os.org
> http://lists.riot-os.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://lists.riot-os.org/pipermail/devel/attachments/20141014/1aeaa097/atta
chment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 16:53:26 +0200
From: Thomas Eichinger <thomas.eichinger at fu-berlin.de>
To: RIOT OS kernel developers <devel at riot-os.org>
Subject: Re: [riot-devel] Port of RIOT on Samr21 xpro board
Message-ID: <60175B00-BEDE-4B4F-AB28-E43ED74E2B96 at fu-berlin.de>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252

Hi Joakim,

On 14 Oct 2014, at 16:19, Joakim Gebart <joakim.gebart at eistec.se> wrote:
> Do you have any time plan for the AT86RF refactoring?
> I was going to implement the platform specific parts of that driver 
> for my Mulle platform port but I think I will hold off on that until 
> the refactoring is completed to save myself some extra work.

Actually I?m almost done, it will take advantage of the extended operation
mode features (e.g. hardware address filtering, auto-ack, ?) and I adopted
the new netdev interface. I?m doing some last testing and cleanup today and
probably tomorrow.

The platform specific part is reduced to a very minimum already, you only
have to define the SPI device and GPIOs. (compare
boards/iot-lab_M3/include/board.h)
Don?t think this will change anymore.

Best, Thomas



------------------------------

Message: 5
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 13:17:44 -0400
From: Michael Burg <mike at burg.me>
To: devel at riot-os.org
Subject: [riot-devel] Question about hwtimer_now implementation..
Message-ID: <543D5AB8.5000506 at burg.me>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed


Hello,

I'm trying to port RIOT to a FRDM-KL46Z board (ARM cortex m0-plus based),
and having a some trouble understanding how the hardware timer code is
supposed to be implemented.

Specially, what should be hwarch_now()/hwtimer_arch_now be returning?

Is it supposed to be the ticks from boot, or the current value of the timer
from when hwtimer_arch_set*() called?

Thanks,

-- Michael




------------------------------

Message: 6
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 19:26:58 +0200
From: Ludwig Ortmann <ludwig.ortmann at fu-berlin.de>
To: RIOT OS kernel developers <devel at riot-os.org>
Subject: Re: [riot-devel] Question about hwtimer_now implementation..
Message-ID: <20141014172658.GA20759 at seahorse.zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

Hi Michael,

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 01:17:44PM -0400, Michael Burg wrote:
> 
> Hello,
> 
> I'm trying to port RIOT to a FRDM-KL46Z board (ARM cortex m0-plus 
> based), and having a some trouble understanding how the hardware timer 
> code is supposed to be implemented.
> 
> Specially, what should be hwarch_now()/hwtimer_arch_now be returning?
> 
> Is it supposed to be the ticks from boot, or the current value of the 
> timer from when hwtimer_arch_set*() called?

hwtimer_arch_now should return the "system time".
As the timer may overflow, this is the tick count since boot in the first
iteration.

In case you didn't notice, there's documentation in core/include/hwtimer.h
which says:

    "The current tick count of the hardware timer"

Did you see this and found it inconclusive?
In that case would try to improve the documentation, so don't hesitate to
"yes" here ;)

Cheers, Ludwig


------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________
devel mailing list
devel at riot-os.org
http://lists.riot-os.org/mailman/listinfo/devel


------------------------------

End of devel Digest, Vol 20, Issue 9
************************************



More information about the devel mailing list