[riot-devel] Periodical (virtual) meetings

Martine Lenders authmillenon at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 19:09:31 CEST 2014

Hi Oleg,

Cheers

> Dear realistic IoTlers,
>
> in order to keep RIOT's development community synchronized, discuss the
> latest
> changes, new features, and the long-term strategy, we will setup a new
> meeting
> on a regular basis. I propose to start with a biweekly rhythm and maybe
> adjust
> this if necessary. To give all the RIOTers around the world the
> opportunity to
> participate, the meeting will happen as a virtual event using a web
> conferencing tool. After a first evaluation of available tools that are
> free
> of charge, I found TeamViewer [1] to be a good solution. If someone knows
> something better, we might change this for later meetings.

if we only need audio, there is Mumble [1]. I can't say if it's better - I
never tried TeamViewer for conference - but it is free software and you can
run clients it on all major operating systems, including iOS and Android,
without any emulation layer hassle.

Cheers,
Martine

[1] http://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page