[riot-devel] Periodical (virtual) meetings

Adam Hunt voxadam at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 23:23:29 CEST 2014

I haven't tried any of these but here are a few open source options:

eXo
<http://blog.exoplatform.com/en/2013/11/07/team-collaboration-video-conferencing-in-exo-chat-and-why-you-can-drop-skype-now>
BigBlueButton <http://bigbluebutton.org/>
Apache Openmeetings <https://openmeetings.apache.org/>
WebHuddle <https://www.webhuddle.com/>

eXo and BigBlueButton look promising. eXo looks like quite nice but it
might be a bit of an undertaking to host (I'd offer to host it but I don't
 have the bandwidth at the moment). BigBlueButton seems to be geared
towards online learning but still a possibility. Openmeetings and WebHuddle
appear to be Java based which is not *my* first choice; eXo and
BigBlueButton look to be WebRTC based which is a plus in my book.

One thing that I personally would really like to see, is a solution that
allows for the recording of meetings. Meeting minutes are nice but
sometimes it's nice to see the meeting exactly as it happened.

Source:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_conferencing_software

--adam