[riot-devel] RIOT OS for the Atmel SAM R21 (Interruptions)

Hauke Petersen hauke.petersen at fu-berlin.de
Mon Oct 27 16:37:28 CET 2014

Hi Maxence,

the current design does not provide functionality for defining
priorities. Actually all of our Cortex-Mx based implementations do not
make use of different Interrupt priorities. Our design rationale in this
context is simple: we expect all interrupts to be (very) short,
something in the order of 10th of instructions. A typical interrupt
would just call a `msg_send_int()`. Priorities are then resolved by the
scheduler, as if more then one message is send (by two interrupts
triggering at almost the same time), the receiving task with the higher
priority will be scheduled.

Does this answer your question?

Cheers,
Hauke