[riot-devel] Introducing KIWI.KI to RIOT OS

Katz, Jeff jeff.katz at kiwi.ki
Fri Oct 31 13:52:20 CET 2014

Hi Everyone,

I'd like very much to introduce KIWI.KI to the list. KIWI.KI makes handsfree access for apartment building entrances. With our product, as you approach your front door, it unlocks for you automatically and completely handsfree. To accomplish this, we've built a city-scale wireless sensor network, with almost a thousand nodes in Berlin.

Our current infrastructure consists of door sensors and gateways of our own design, based around SiLabs EZRadioPro Sub-GHz transceivers and NXP Cortex M3s. We're currently developing the next version of our gear, which is likely to be based around ST Cortex M4s and M7s (but still the SiLabs EZRadioPro XCVRs).

As we're based in Berlin, we thought it might be nice to organize a chat with some of the RIOT developers to see if we couldn't somehow mutually benefit.

Cheers,
Jeff Katz
VP Engineering

KIWI.KI - secure.handsfree.access.
Lehrter Straße 17
10557 Berlin, DE

Telefon: +49 30 609 83 83-45
Telefax: +49 30 609 83 83-99
Mobil:    +49 15 737 727 989

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 140349 B
Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Claudia Nagel, Dr.-Ing. Christian Bogatu,
Peter Dietrich