[riot-devel] RIOT OS for the Atmel SAM R21 (ARM m0+)

Thomas Eichinger thomas.eichinger at fu-berlin.de
Mon Sep 8 20:05:06 CEST 2014

Hi Rane et.al,

great to hear about your interest into RIOT.

The bad news, there doesn't exist a port of RIOT to the SAM R21, yet.

The good news, we received a couple of these boards today from
Atmel and I started out with a port today.

That said, it will certainly will take some time to "fully" support
this board. I'd say basic support (UART, timers, GPIO, SPI) by end
of this week, probably another week for bug fixing and basic radio
functionality. There is already support (basic operating modes) for
the at86rf231 radio device in RIOT which is very similar to the
at86rf233 on the SAM R21. I'm working to support extended operating
modes in parallel to this porting efforts.

What do you plan to use RIOT and SAM R21 for and/or which features
are of special interest to you?

Best, Thomas