[riot-devel] *Stable* platforms for RIOT-OS] - Arduino Due

Adam Hunt voxadam at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 21:50:37 CEST 2014

I'm not positive but I don't believe that the mainline Contiki tree
includes support for any version of FAT though I think that there may be
some non-mainline forks that have implemented it. I know they implement
their own simple log structured file system called Coffee. FAT may be
ubiquitous but it's likely one of the least optimal options for writing to
flash. This is especially true when you're writing to raw NAND devices that
contain no wear leveling, garbage collection, compression, or other
niceties in hardware (this is far less of an issue if writing to microSD
cards).

Has anyone taken a look around at the VFS, file system, and FTL
implementations in other suitably licensed (e.g. LGPL, MIT, BSD) systems?
Contiki (BSD) has their Coffee file system and CFS layer. NuttX (BSD) has
what looks like a fairly impressive VFS layer with support for a few log
type systems, FAT12/16/32, FTL, ROMFS, NFS, bind mounts, and an ELF loader.