[riot-devel] 6LowPAN on STM32F3

Somaraju Abhinav abhinav.somaraju at tridonic.com
Tue Sep 16 17:13:03 CEST 2014

Hello,

I am trying to get the 6LowPAN+Destiny stack running on the STM32F3
boards. I am currently using Powerline Communication as the physical
medium to work with this uC. I have abstracted out the powerline PHY
using the transceiver module from RIOT. I am able to send and receive
UDP messages using the sockets api. However, after exchanging about 25
messages, I get to a hard fault when I receive packets.

I have used the debugger and am fairly confident that the fault occurs
in the 6LowPAN part of the stack. Specifically, in the function
new_packet_buffer, in the file /sys/net/network_layer/lowpan.c . Every
time a new packet is received, memory is allocated to new_buf in this
function and I am guessing we eventually run out of place. The memory
allocated to this buffer never seems to be freed. Is this a bug with the
stack or am I doing something wrong here?

Thank you very much for the help.

Regards,

Abhinav

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are confidential
to the intended recipient. They may not be disclosed to or used
by or copied in any way by anyone other than the intended recipient.
If this e-mail is received in error, please immediately notify
the sender and delete the e-mail and attached documents.

Please note that neither the sender nor the sender's company
accept any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility
to scan or otherwise check this e-mail and any attachments.