[riot-devel] Changing priority at runtime

Hinnerk van Bruinehsen h.v.bruinehsen at fu-berlin.de
Wed Sep 17 20:03:51 CEST 2014

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 05:05:09PM +0200, Oleg Hahm wrote:
> Dear rocking IoTlers,
>
> currently RIOT does not allow to alter the priority of a thread after its
> creation. I created an issue asking to change this long ago and some months
> ago, René created an according PR [1]. However, Kaspar opposed this PR arguing
> that without a use-case (this) code should not be added.
>
> Now I wonder if someone can indeed imagine such a use-case or if we should
> rather close this PR and the issue with a WONTFIX.

Hi,

isn't that more or less required to conform to POSIX?
If I remember it correctly there would still be the question how far RIOT is
supposed to be POSIX conformant...
For me the main question would be how much overhead (both runtime and
maintainability of code) would be caused by that feature.

Just my two cents,

Hinnerk