[riot-devel] GPIO in native

Ludwig Ortmann ludwig.ortmann at fu-berlin.de
Mon Sep 29 21:35:59 CEST 2014

Hi,

I've been working on adding GPIO support to RIOT native today, and I
was wondering if anyone had any experience with GPIO devices in Linux.

When I researched the topic, I saw that there are some USB <> GPIO
devices available. Does anyone have any experience with those?

As far as I understood it, Linux enables access to GPIO on the
Raspberry PI via sysfs, so I went forth and started implementing that
interface.

Do you know if any other platforms enable this kind of access?
Which ones? Do you have experience with it?

If you want to try it out the stub (which I didn't yet - reading
*should* work ;), the PR is here:
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/1737

Cheers, Ludwig