[riot-devel] OpenTech Summit

Lotte Steenbrink lotte.steenbrink at haw-hamburg.de
Thu Apr 2 17:39:16 CEST 2015

Hi,

Am 02.04.2015 um 17:26 schrieb Emmanuel Baccelli <Emmanuel.Baccelli at inria.fr>:

> Hi Lotte, Lucas
>
> On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 5:05 PM, Lotte Steenbrink <lotte.steenbrink at haw-hamburg.de> wrote:
>
> Am 01.04.2015 um 21:51 schrieb Lucas Jenß <lists at x3ro.de>:
>
> > Hi Emmanuel,
> >
> > unfortunately no, I don’t know the organizers, at least not directly (i.e.
> > I know someone who knows someone… :D). I’ll try to get in touch with them
> > though, and report back here as soon as I hear something!
> >
> > @Matthias: I’m not completely opposed to the idea, but think that since I
> > haven’t been in the RIOT community for long, there are others that can
> > probably represent it much better!
> >
> > I’ve been told that Lotte was thinking about speaking about RIOT on the
> > Open Techschool conf in summer. Maybe she’d be interested in spreading
> > the RIOT at OpenTech Summit too :)
> >

> Correction: A friend of mine is a co-organizer of the opentechschool conf and asked me to think about submitting a RIOT talk when they're re ready to accept submissions (afaik the call for submissions isn't out yet). Apparently I miscommunicated something wrongly to Lucas there, I didn't intend to sneak talks past you folks in case that's the impression now. :D
>

> That is not my impression, and I doubt it's anybody's.
> The fact is: we need more people giving talks about RIOT and presenting the community, because... there are more and more talks to give!
> It's as simple as that. So if someone is volunteering to do this particular talk (e.g. Lotte? Lucas?) please go ahead and grab the spot.
> Personally I will most likely be in California at that time, so I don't qualify ;)
> FYI if you are afraid of the "blank slide", you can be provided with an existing RIOT slide deck that you can go ahead and personalize (or keep as-is, up to you ;).

We've amassed some slide decks from Oleg during our preparation for grenoble, I' think they'll be a great help. :) If nobody is against it, I'd like to try and submit a Talk for the OpenTech summit. I'm pondering a bit over the “spin” to make a RIOT talk fit in with the general direction of the event, so if anybody has a cool idea, please let me know! :)

Cheers, Lotte