[riot-devel] Measuring power on the iot-lab testbed

Peter Kietzmann peter.kietzmann at haw-hamburg.de
Sat Apr 25 17:13:24 CEST 2015

Hi devs,

after measuring the consumption of an iot-lab_M3 node (on the iot-lab
testbed) I can't explain myself the graph of the measured power over
time in [1] (please note that I zoomed the plot to better visualize the
problem). It is just the normal example in RIOT/examples/hello-word. You
can find my measuring profile which I used on the testbed in [2].

(i) There is a sawtooth-signal where one tooth lasts approx. 30 seconds
(ii) There is some kind of cycle which pulses each 1.5 seconds (This
seems to be a "known" problem of the measurement unit)

Any ideas what this is or where it comes from?

Best,
Peter

[1]
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2ig4jIQ4JbHSWpvaTZyOGRCb00/view?usp=sharing