[riot-devel] HotSpot JVM on RIOT-OS?

Zac Harvey zharvey at pobox.com
Tue Aug 11 11:13:00 CEST 2015

Has anyone here ever heard of someone trying to run a JVM
(HotSpot/OpenJDK) on a RIOT-OS embedded device? I'm interested in trying
to get such a project off the ground, and was wondering if anyone could
give me some steering/advice.

Motivation? It would be most-neat if I could port some of my Java apps
over to an RTOS.  With some manual offline byte buffer management, or
once the "Shenandoah"/G1 pauseless GC arrives with Java 9 or 10, we'd
practically have the ability to run "real-time Java" on an embedded
device...