[riot-devel] HotSpot JVM on RIOT-OS?

kevin kevin.laeufer at rwth-aachen.de
Tue Aug 11 15:29:25 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 08/11/2015 02:35 PM, Michael Frey wrote:

> Darjeeling VM [1] might also be a good starting point.

in an effort to prevent duplicate work: if anyone wants to start playing
around with Darjeeling on ARM cortex, please have a look at the port I
did for my Bachelors Thesis first [0].

While the examples[1] do not use RIOT, but xpcc for platform
abstraction, the vm itself is independent of any hardware abstraction. I
have fixed a lot of alignment issues on cortex-m0 and at least one logic
bug in the implementation on sourceforge, so it might be worthwhile to
have a look at my code before starting your own port to cortex-m.

Kevin Laeufer

[0]: https://github.com/RWTH-OS/ostfriesentee
[1]: https://github.com/RWTH-OS/ostfriesentee-examples